Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dancing through summer

This past week has been full of some very fun events not the least of which was an English Country Dance!


Rachel received a Regency dress from Mom and Dad for Christmas. We picked out the fabric, and our Fairy Grandmother made if for her... just in time for the ball!


Doesn't Cinderella look beautiful!




I believe this photo was taken during the Virginia Reel....both of their feet are in mid-air.




Rachel and Casey coming through the bridge.





Lots of jumping goes on in this dance. I think everyone is laughing because we are going the wrong direction!




Sarah and Brown Sugar... how graceful!



Girls: "Please dance with us!"




Boys: "What... we're only here for the food!"




The B. ladies had a great time, even though Mandy was injured (something about burning her feet on asphalt and getting her toe caught on a dog cage... we don't ask questions...).


This is a VERY rare sight... one that required a photo to be taken for evidence. Mom swam in the pool??? What could cause such a thing?
Ignore the rainy weather forecast (it always says that), look at the top left number.... that's the temperature in the shade! Sploosh anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Rachel's... I mean Cinderella's dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! :OD It looks like you all had lots of fun!!! :-)

    Love,
    Amy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, the dance looks like so much fun! :-)
    And I can't believe that your Mom swam in the pool... I mean, after all, the only picture is of her in the air, not the water! ;-) just kidding.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll copy and paste my reply here to make sure that you get it. ;-)
    "Hey Lindsey! Thanks for the birthday wishes. :-)
    Yes, the hike was near our house, and was in the lovely state of CT. :-D (I mean, after all, in order to get to the next state we'd have to travel about an hour... that's much too far away) ;-)
    We miss you all too!
    Hugs!
    Joy"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mailed your letter today Rach!! :-) I got it yesterday (THANK YOU!!), and couldn't wait to write back, so I did right away! Hehe! :-)

    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete