Thursday, February 4, 2010

For Mom and Grandma Sandy, Part 2

So here is Rach doing her math. Note, she is wearing my glasses which means this was a totally staged photo. Also note that the book open in front of her is the answer key! No wonder she always gets them right!


Eve's been a little under the weather this week, but she is starting to get better now (I suppose you could say she is feeling a bit over the weather now). And no, we did not bleach the top of her head white....




We woke up one morning and found this outside... what could it be?




We figured this meant one of two things: 1. The world is coming to an end or B. the weather man was wrong when he predicted showers.




Rach decided it was B., so she put down her cheat sheet and ran outside to soak up some Vitamin D.




See mom, this is what happens when you are away... I overdo it on the garden photos!




My precious babies! I started them from seed and look how strong they are getting (think I'm taking this whole hobby a little bit overboard?).




Okay, so for those of you who don't know this is a peach tree that is starting to "push" its buds. By the end of the month we should be surrounded by lovely pink and white blossoms.

One of the reasons I love gardening so much is because all of the truths of the scripture are clearly revealed through His creation (and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure them out!). When tending a garden the great lessons of the Bible shine through every little thing we do. For instance, I chose to save this tiny bud from the burn pile (where it really belonged). I saved it so that my ultimate purpose for this peach tree could one day be accomplished, mainly to bear good fruit (which is also why I pruned back other buds, though they were just the same as this one). One day I can shape this bud into a strong scaffold branch (whose job it is to support the entire tree) but right now it is the bud's job to grow. I will know that the bud is growing when someday soon it produces good fruit.



And these are just peas...



More soon...Love Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment